1 & 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 & 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup turbinado sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 & 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. Sift together flour, salt, soda, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Add and mix well the sugar, vanilla, and oil. Add zucchini to this mixture.
4. Add dry ingredients, mixing well. Pour into a loaf pan (grease it first with butter)
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
6. Let it cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least ten minutes, then remove from pan.
(Modified from the “Allrecipies” website recipe called “Mom’s zucchini bread”)